Municipal Court
Municipal Court

 Osceola Municipal Court

P.O. Box 217
310 Chieftain Street
Osceola, WI   54020

715-294-2210 (fax)
e-mail:  court@vil.osceola.wi.us

Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm

The Osceola Municipal Court serves the Village of Osceola and the Village of Dresser.

Court Office Location:  310 Chieftain St., Osceola, WI  54020 (Lower Level)

Court Room:  Room 205, 310 Chieftain St., Osceola, WI (Upper Level)

Judge:  Interim Judge Kristopher J. Krentz
The Municipal Court Judge is an elected position with a four-year term.  The judge does not maintain regular office hours.  However, you may contact the Municipal Court Clerk to get a message to the Judge.

Municipal Court Clerk:  Jennifer L. Roytek
The Municipal Court Clerk is responsible for the scheduling of all court appearances, collection of fines and maintaining the office records of the Municipal Court.  Regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

With a plea of Guilty or No Contest, you have the following options for paying your forfeiture or restitution:

In person:  Osceola Municipal Court Office, 310 Chieftain St. (Lower Level), Osceola.  There is also a drive-up drop box outside of the building if you wish to pay after hours.  After hour payments should be in an envelope with your name and citation number included.

By Mail:  Mail check or money order to Osceola Municipal Court, P.O. Box 217, Osceola, WI  54020

By Phone or Computer:  As part of our commitment to provide citizens with efficient, convenient service, the Court has partnered with Payment Services Network to offer payment of your citation over the internet or by telephone by calling 1-866-917-7368.  Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover credit and debit cards are accepted. Or using the following link:

 Pay Citation(s) and Court Fines

Payment Services Network, the service provider, charges a convenience fee of 3% (+ .50 if under $100.00) for payment processing.

Court Procedures
All attendees are requested to rise when the judge enters the courtroom.  This is a Court of Law and all rules of proper behavior will be followed (remove hats, remove sunglasses, etc.)  Please remain quiet while the court is in session and give others the courtesy to be heard and present their case.  Smoking and foul language are prohibited.  Persons who fail to conduct themselves in an orderly manner may be charged with contempt of court.

You will be asked to enter a plea of guilty, not guilty, or no contest or you may request a continuance.  Each of these pleas is described below.

The judge will introduce the complaint and explain the range of penalties which may be imposed.

Initial Appearance Pleas
If you enter a plea of GUILTYyou are admitting that you committed the offense and you will be found guilty and a penalty will be imposed.

If you enter a plea of NOT GUILTYyou deny committing the offense, and the matter will be adjourned to a later court date for a Pre-Trial conference with the Village Attorney and possibly a Court Trial.  You will receive written notice.

If you enter a plea of NO CONTESTyou are neither pleading guilty or not guilty, but merely want to have the matter resolved and pay the penalty. The effect of this plea is that you will be found guilty, but you will not be admitting your civil liability for possible use in other litigation which may be expected where personal injury or property damage is involved.

If you plead not guilty and after trial you are found guilty, you may appeal the court’s decision by requesting a Transcript Review by a Circuit Court Judge, a new trial before a Circuit Court Judge or a 6 person jury trial in the Polk County Circuit Court.

If you have been charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated you may, within 10 days of entering a not guilty plea, request a 6 person jury trial in Polk County Circuit Court.

If the violation you are charged with involves an ordinance that prohibits conduct that is the same or similar to conduct prohibited by State Statute, which is punishable by fine and/or imprisonment, and the violation resulted in damage to property or physical injury to a person other than yourself, the court may order you to pay restitution.

If you are charged with and convicted of a moving traffic violation, you will be assessed demerit points.  Accumulation of 12 points in any one-year period is cause for revocation or suspension of your driving privileges.

If the Court imposes a forfeiture you will be granted 60 days to pay.  If you fail to pay the forfeiture imposed for a traffic violation, your driving privileges may be suspended for up to 1 year or until the forfeiture is paid.  If you do not have a driver’s license or if you are charged with a non-traffic violation, you may be confined to the Polk County Jail for a period of time equal to one day in jail for each $50 that remains unpaid.